Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cannot click OK button in Google's OAuthAuthorizeToken page using mobile phone

I'm trying to make a Buzz viewer for Japanese mobile (not so smart) phones, which cannot execute Javascripts.

And I'm in trouble to navigate OAuth process.

To get authorization, first, you need to go
https://www.google.com/buzz/api/auth/OAuthAuthorizeToken
with parameters below (as documented in OAuth API/Buzz API docs).

oauth_token
domain
scope
iconUrl(optional)
hd(optional)
hl(optional)
btmpl(optional)

Expecting rather simple templete, I've set btmpl parameter as 'mobile'.
But it still includes Javascript-assisited-buttons.
Thus, most of the Japanese mobile phones (and its browser) cannot
click "OK, continue" button. Nor OAuth work.

Is there any solution to show simpler template?

At first, I planned to post above to Google Buzz API Developer forum.
But I've changed my mind. This is common problem in all Google's OAuth processes.
Where/Who can I ask for?

1 comment: